In response to the global outbreak of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), Luminex has developed multiple solutions to enhance our NxTAG® and ARIES® offerings in order to automate and facilitate the detection of coronavirus.
As a high-throughput, more comprehensive option, we have developed the NxTAG® CoV Extended Panel (RUO), which can detect SARS-CoV-2, as well as SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV.
The NxTAG® CoV Extended Panel (RUO) was developed for use on the MAGPIX® System, and offers:
- A highly scalable, cost-effective solution that can process up to 96 samples in approximately 4 hours.
- SARS-CoV-2, SARS-CoV, and MERS-CoV detection, enabling comprehensive results.
- The flexibility to run tests in any combination—use the NxTAG CoV panel as a standalone test for coronavirus detection, detect 21 other common respiratory pathogens with the NxTAG® Respiratory Pathogen Panel (RPP), or run both tests in parallel for a complete picture of respiratory health.
For more targeted coronavirus testing in moderate-complexity labs, the ARIES® SARS-CoV-2 Assay (RUO) is a sample-to-answer test that detects SARS-CoV-2 in nasopharyngeal swabs.
The ARIES® SARS CoV-2 Assay offers:
- Precise Results: A moderate-complexity, sample-to-answer test that enables targeted SARS-CoV-2 detection.
- Fast Turnaround Time: Minimal hands-on-time and an automated workflow delivers results in about 2 hours.
- Robust Detection: Exonuclease-sensitive probes for the ORF1ab and N viral genes provide superior specificity.
Additionally, Luminex has LDT tools that can be used with the latest published primer sequences to detect SARS-CoV-2, enabling users to develop their own LDTs on the ARIES® sample-to-answer system. Using this approach, labs have already validated their own ARIES®-based, multi-target tests.
A targeted SARS-CoV-2 LDT testing strategy using the ARIES® System offers:
- Full Automation: A sample-to-answer test that enables targeted SARS CoV-2 detection.
- Fast Turnaround Time: Minimal hands-on time and an automated workflow deliver results in about 2 hours.
- Economical Design: Just insert your sample into the cartridge—extraction and amplification reagents are included.
- Robust Detection: Exonuclease-sensitive probes for the ORF1ab and N viral genes provide exceptional specificity.
To learn more about Luminex's SARS-CoV-2 solutions outside of the EU, please check our
regional websites (US, Japan, China).
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Press Releases
Luminex Receives FDA Emergency Use Authorization for ARIES® SARS-CoV-2 Assay
to Detect Virus Responsible for COVID-19 Disease - April 6th
Luminex Receives BARDA Contract to Support Development of Second, Rapid SARS-CoV-2 Test - March 31st
Luminex Receives FDA Emergency Use Authorization for NxTAG® CoV Extended
Panel to Detect the SARS-CoV-2 Virus that Causes COVID-19 Disease - March 27th
Luminex Provides Update on SARS-CoV-2 Validation Testing Efforts - March 13th
Luminex Provides Updates on Critical Efforts Related to Novel Coronavirus - March 4th
Speak with a Sales Representative
These products are for Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. Please contact Luminex at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the appropriate product information for your country of residence.
©2020 Luminex Corporation. All rights reserved.